Friday, January 16, 2009

RUN (rest) Day

Well today started out EARLY. I really don't like to get up early, but this was VERY EARLY. I was leaving today to go back home to Jackson, Mississippi. My flight left at 7am. That meant I had to somehow get up at 4am. So after getting up and getting to the airport, I was greeted by a large number of people evidently leaving at the same time. So needless to say the security line was packed and took forever.

So now that I was finally through screening I put in my MP3 player and had a few minutes to relax before getting on the plane. Now that I had found my seat and settled in I just had to wait and see if it was going to be a full flight. Lucky for me it was not full and I could stretch out a little.

That is where the good luck came to an end. The pilot came over the speaker and said that we would be delayed for about 40 minutes. Now that may not seem like that long to some people but to me it was a LONG time. My layover in Atlanta was ONLY 40 minutes!!!!

At this point I was beginning to wonder if I was going to make my connection. Since I could not do anything but sit there, I put in my music and took a nap. So as we got closer to landing I kept checking my watch. I only had a few minutes to make my connection. I just knew that I was going to miss my flight.

Lucky for me my flight landed on concourse E and I only had to make it to concourse D in no time flat. This is where I have to thank CrossFit Swift and the functional training they do. I had to sprint down the concourse, weaving in and out of all the people, down the stairs, down the hallway, up the stairs and to my gate.

As soon as I made it to my gate it was time for me to leave. The funny part is that my flight to Jackson was delayed as well. The real funny part was that it was delayed due to a broken toilet. So I have to thank whoever broke the toilet which allowed me to make my flight home.

Now that I had arrived in Jackson, my mom and I made our way to pick up my 1 piece of luggage. However due to the quick turn in Atlanta my luggage had not arrived. They said it would be on the next flight into town. So mom and I went and had a bite to eat and see my grandmother then made our way back to pick up the luggage.

Now that the saga is over, it's time to have a nice Zone taco salad and relax with mom and pop.
Tomorrow will be a good day to do a CrossFit workout on the road with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment