Sunday, January 11, 2009

Play (rest) Day

What a wonderful day. So after my first meeting of FRAN yesterday I had the day off from CrossFitting. Today is one of the days I look forward to the most. It is the Sunday that I get to spend the day with my daughter Erin. After I picked her up we got to enjoy some breakfast. My girlfriend Mai was there and she was cooking some eggs with spinach and sausage. It was great and we topped it off with some Mississippi State Edam cheese. I tell you what that stuff is great. It comes in a nice big red ball and is very sharp. My mom gives it out at Christmas to everyone and it was great on the eggs.

So while we were eating breakfast we were watching a very cool show on the Discovery Channel - Time Warp. This is where they take all kinds of everyday things and slow them down. Today they were popping bubbles and showing martial artists breaking bricks. Erin promptly told me that I can't do that cuz I am not a professional at it. So I might get hurt. We all got a nice chuckle at that one. Then they showed a couple of guys putting Mentos in a Diet Coke bottle. Man did she (and I) enjoy that one. hhhmmmmm . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So after breakfast we had to hit the road and head to Target. I had to get some mouse traps for the office (Turnkey Promotions). Of course since we were at Target I had to pick up some Diet Coke and Mentos. = )
Now while we were at Target, Erin told me I had to ''stay here'' while her and Miss Mai did something. Turns out that Erin saw the Valentines card display and had to get me a card to tell me how much she loved me. Now the funny part is that she could not find a Valentines card that she liked. So she ended up getting a birthday card with some cool music so we could dance.
''I know it's not your birthday dad, but we can dance to the music''. So how could you not smile and dance after that.

Once we arrived at Turnkey we headed out to the parking lot to have some fun. So Mai and Erin sat a few feet away and I (nervously) prepared to put the Mentos in the 2 liter bottle. For some reason Erin and Mai just kept giggling and saying things like, ''I hope you don't get messy''.
Well here we go, I opened up the bottle and let the Mentos drop. It was kinda cool watching the Diet Coke go flying about 6 feet in the air. I recommend putting the whole tube of Mentos in as it makes for a bigger eruption. Next time we are going to try and make the spout a little smaller so we can have more pressure and make it go even HIGHER!!!

The rest of the afternoon went great as we had a picnic, indoors, with corn dogs and bananas. Then daddy had to make ''the cave'' (blanket on the closet doors) for her to take her nap in. Man I tell you what, nap times are great and I totally recommend them for any and everyone.

Dinner was great too, but of course we had to save the princess world from the Bogs. Erin got a Wii game where she gets to help all the Disney princesses from the mean old Bogs. So after saving the princesses we sat down to a wonderful meal that Mai had been cooking while we were playing Wii. It was a great roasted chicken and potatos and carrots. She made a great salad with fresh peppers and cucumbers and sunflower seeds. Man was it great!!! She sure can cook, even though she thinks she can't. I love her meals (and her).

So now as we wind down from the day. I have taken Erin back to her mom's and in the process of cleaning up and getting ready for another busy week. It is so nice to be able to forget the cares of the world and just do things like, make a cave and have a picnic and dance to the music of a birthday card.

I wonder what CrossFit Swift will have in store tomorrow. . . . . ????

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! How did I miss this post? So sweet.

    My boys love that Mentos experiment. One of their favorite pranks is tying a string around a Mento and hiding it under a bottle cap so that when someone opens the bottle it falls down into the drink and explodes all over someone. Funny... to them!

    ReplyDelete