Saturday, January 10, 2009

FRAN - tastic

OUCH !!!

That's all I have to say about today.
The workout of the day (WOD) at CrossFit Swift for today was FRAN. Fran is one of the benchmark workouts that you get to do at CrossFit. It consists of thrusters and pullups. A thruster is a front squat into an overhead press. The pullups can be any type you want. I did a few kipping style along with some dead hangs. But they were all unassisted and that was my goal.

We had a great group of people out today. We even had some newbies come out. Between the 8am and the 9.30am workout we had about 20 people. It was great. The energy as always was fantastic.

So the workout was this:

3 rounds for time.
21 - 15 - 9
95lb thrusters
pullups

My time was 14.52. I am not real happy with that since Mason my nemisis completed this in 10 minutes. However as I have said before his upper body strength is way better than mine and this workout was about 80% upper body.

Just in case you were wondering what it means when you see 21 - 15 - 9 is this. You start by doing 21 thrusters then you go do 21 pullups then you come back and do 15 thrusters and pullups then you do 9 thrusters and pullups. Then you are done.

Again I am amazed at what people can do when they come out and give this a try. CrossFit is way more mental than physical some days. It's great to see people do what they think they could never do just by believeing that they can and have others believe it too.

So I challenge you, what can you do that you think you can't??? Find someone to hold you accountable and go for it. I think you will be amazed at what you can do.
Next time I WILL be under 10 minutes. Look out FRAN, I will be back.
Just let me get my nap in first, cuz that's where I am headed now.

2 comments:

  1. Report: Two push-ups. Aren't you proud? I know it is sad, but I'll take anything at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pushups today can equal 4 next week. Keep on working at it. That's the only way to go. And yes I am proud of you. Now how many can the boys do? = )

    Be sure to check out the site to see the pictures for proof that anyone can do this, even you.

    ReplyDelete