Monday, January 26, 2009

40lb Pushups

Sunday was a great day. How could it be anything else when you get to spend it with your daughter. I mean when is there any other time it would be acceptable for me to play with Polly Pockets or watch Milo and Otis? It was a great day, but I am sure I have said that before.

Since it was so cold out we stayed in most of the day. The day started out with us blowing up balloons and then taping them together and letting them hang from the doorway making two balloon columns. Fit for a princess to walk through.

Then we went on to watch iGor the animated movie. It was a good movie and it was made even better by having Erin sitting with me on the couch just wanting me to hold her. After the movie we started making lunch plans. One thing led to another and before you know it dear old dad was suckered into heading out to Red Robin's for a corn dog and a ''freckled lemonade''.

So after a great time at Red Robin we headed on over to Home Depot. I had to get some things for the office and while we were there we decided to get a flower for Ms Mai. Erin picked out a great little orchid and we took it back to the house. Erin got out her pen and pad and wrote Mai a note. Of course at 4 years old the only thing you could make out was her name. But it was still enough to make you melt.

While we were eating lunch Erin saw a commercial with a guy doing push-ups and pull-ups. So when we returned home Erin was all about doing them like that guy. So we both began to do push-ups. Then Erin decided to ''help'' me out with mine. So she climbed on my back and added 40 more pounds to mine. She got a kick out of that especially when I could not do any more and fell to the ground. Of course that made her laugh and quickly say ''let's do it again''. = )

Then after a great nap we watched Milo and Otis and played more Polly Pockets. The day ended with us making PB&J sandwiches and having a picnic on the blanket in the floor. Of course the day ended way to soon and I can't wait to see what fun we have next time.

So after finishing up my 100 push-ups for the day I watched a little of the Australian Open then went to bed.

What a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. She has you wrapped around her little finger... I LOVE it! What I don't understand is why you didn't post pics of you playing Polly Pockets??

    You are such a great Daddy!!

    ReplyDelete