Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Energy In Numbers

WOW !!! That's about all I can say right now.
I was dreading going to CrossFit Swift tonight. I was in a crabby mood all day today. Partially because I did not eat correctly all day today and partially because I was still tired from Sunday and Monday. I need more sleep!!!
I knew I had to go since that is the only way I am going to get where I want to be. Consistency is the key. So I went. (insert gloomy music here)

Of course when I walked through the door I got my first glimpse of the WOD. And yes it was UGLY, but only half ugly. It was a half strength workout and then half met-con. So I thought maybe it's not so bad.

Then much to my surprise people just kept walking through the door. Usually the class size has been around 3 - 7 people during the week. Tonight we had 16 people show up. The energy in the room was INCREDIBLE. Yes I was tired, but no longer was it bringing me down. There were too many people with positive attitudes to bring me up. When things got difficult there was always someone there to keep pushing me through.

Normally I am the one pushing and pulling people through the workouts (and life in general). However tonight was just the opposite and man did I need it. I am still excited by all the energy that was in the room. I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store. I am sure it will be a good one. This is yet another reason why I love CrossFit so much.

So tonight here is what I did.

Strength Phase:
Push Press 3-3-3-3-3 (that's 5 sets of 3 reps each)
95lbs - 115lbs - 125lbs - 135lbs - 155lbs

Met-Con Phase:
3 rounds - 45 seconds at each station - 45 second rest at the end of each round.
55lb KB Swings
Ring Dips
20lb Wall Ball
Lunge Walk

So once again I am a little tired and am ready to hit the bed. I have a feeling tomorrow will be a good one. I guess some of the best times are to be had when you least expect them or maybe when you really need them. Maybe someone out there knew I needed a good pick me up and sent a whole bunch of friends my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment