Saturday, January 3, 2009

Just Another Saturday Morning

Well today started out just like any other Saturday morning. The alarm goes off and I hit the snooze about 5 times. I think that's the hardest part of my day, actually getting out of bed. The coolness of the air outside the bed and the warmth of the sheets makes you just want to curl up and go back to sleep.
Once I was up I had a great Zone breakfast, with eggs, turkey sausage and an apple, then off to CrossFit Swift for some hard work.

I was excited that my sister was going to be there for her first CrossFit workout. But first I needed to get through my own WOD (workout of the day). It was a good one for sure.

21 - 15 - 9
225# Deadlift
Handstand Pushups

I made it through the deadlifts ok. They were tough, but nothing I couldn't struggle through. Now the handstand pushups were another story. I really need to work on my shoulder and tricep strength in order to get through all of them without modifying them. My time was ok at 22.17.

The good news is that I did this same workout back a couple of months ago and only did 185# deadlifts. So I am making progress.

So after resting about 30 minutes I and a good friend of mine, Mason, went through the workout with my sister. Since this was her first workout it was an nice indroductory one into the world of CrossFit.

3 rounds for time:
350m row
10 air squats
5 KB swings
5 wall ball

She did a great job with a time of 11.43. I love working out and it was nice to see her there doing it with me. I hope she will keep it up.

So now that my morning is over I can relax and enjoy some down time. That's one thing that I think no one gets enough of. But that is a thought for another day.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are blogging! It will be so fun to read what is going on in your life. Blogging has been such therapy for me.

    Just reading your workout intimidates the heck out of me!! I know it is supposed to be for everyone, but seriously??? You do know I can't even do a push up, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Deanna's blog and just thought I would stop by to say hello. I wish I could be as dedicated to working out as you are! Hopefully 2009 will be the year I manage that. Good luck to you in starting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogsphere,Deanna sent me your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire anyone who can do CrossFit training. Talk about an intense workout! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete