Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jumping Good Time

So for dinner tonight I had a great Zone meal that consisted of grilled chicken, peppers and onions, pita bread and an apple. Then I hit the road for another fun night at CrossFit Swift. We all did a workout called ''Christine''. It consisted of a row and then deadlifts and then box jumps. We had a nice crowd out tonight. The energy was high like always even though there were only 8 people there. Mason and his girlfriend Crystal were there and so was my girl Mai.

So my goal tonight was to beat Mason in time. He is stronger than me in the upper body, but I have him beat in the lower body. Tonight was a good one since the only real upper body part was the row. If you have never seen or been on a C2 rowing machine you should. That thing is brutal, but fun.

So tonight this is what we had to do for 3 rounds:

500 meter row
12 - 195lb deadlift
21 - 36'' box jumps

So when the clock started Mason and I were neck and neck. He finished his row a few strokes ahead of me due to his upper body being able to pull a little bit harder and faster. So he ended up finishing the first round about 5 jumps ahead of me. Then round 2 started. By this time the cardio part of the workout was kicking my tail. That really killed my rowing time. So as I was at 200 meters Mason was done and starting on his deadlifts. I knew I could catch him since he was doing one lift and having to drop the weight. So when I started I cranked out 5 good lifts in a row. As I hit 10 lifts Mason started on his box jumps. I was hot on his heels and felt like I could catch him. He surprisingly cranked out the box jumps faster than I thought. By the time I finished my box jumps Mason was CRANKING through this last 500m row. When I sat down to start he was already at 300 meters. I knew at that point I was done. I could not make up that much time on my last round. So for another night Mason, my nemisis beat me again. However this time he only beat me by 2 minutes. He finished in 16 mintues and I finished in 18 minutes.

Meanwhile Crystal and Mai had their own competition going. However the times and weight for the ladies were a bit different. Crystal finished with a time of 21 minutes but she did 125lb deadlifts and 20'' box jumps. Mai finished with a time of 18 minutes and did 95lb deadlifts and 24'' box jumps. Mason and I were so very proud of our girls for working so hard and doing so well. You can always find some fun pictures of everyone doing all their hard work and everyone's weights and times over at CrossFit Swift.

Now we get to sit down and relax while watching the BCS National Championship game. Go Gators!! Tomorrow will be an easy night where we only have to play 2 hours of volleyball. That will be fun. Then we get to rest up for Saturday's workout which will be a good one. Rumor has it that it will be ''Fran''. It will be brutal but fun as always. I can't wait to see what my time will be and how many people we have come out. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I am sore just reading your blog!

    P.S. One donut every nine weeks will not KILL you! Try it.. you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither will trying to do that pushup 3 times a week - Try It !! ha ha

    Some of the pictures are posted on the link on the right.

    ReplyDelete