Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday Fun

Today was just another Monday. Nothing fancy, just a PB&J sandwich (all natural peanut butter and low sugar jelly) and an apple for breakfast. Then for lunch I had grilled chicken with peppers and onions with some cheese on pita bread and another apple. I do like those granny smith apples. For my mid morning and mid afternoon snacks I had sunflower seeds, peanuts, bananas, cheese, almonds and lots of water. When I got home I had another PB&J and apple. I did not want too much on my stomach before going to CrossFit Swift tonight.

I was feeling pretty good after my encounter with FRAN on Saturday and then having a rest day yesterday. However it does not seem to matter how you feel when you get to CrossFit, you always seem to find a way to push yourself to the limit. It's great!!! There is no way anyone is going to let you short change yourself during these workouts.

As always we had to warm-up.
2 rounds of 10 reps each - pushups, pullups, squats, situps, back extensions. That's one of the things I love about CrossFit. One of their slogans is - your workout is our warmup. It is so true but I love it.

So tonight was an interesting met-con. It consisted of rowing (really hate-love that machine), brace squats, overhead lunges and seated elevated Russian twists. The brace squats had you holding a weight with straight arms out in front of you while doing a squat. The overhead lunges had you holding a weight over head while you stepped forward or back and squatted in a lunge (each leg). The Russian twists had you sitting down with your legs elevated and holding a medicine ball. You touched the ball on each side of you while keeping your legs in the air.

So here is the workout as it was written up:

500m row at the beginning of each round
21 - 15 - 9
25lb brace squats
45lb overhead lunges
20lb elevated russian twists.

My time for it all was 23.01.
Not to bad but man was it tough. I think tonight the rowing was the hardest part. The first round I started off at a decent 31 stroke pace. By the last round I was down to a pitiful 26 stroke pace. It felt like that would never end.

The group was fun as always and when it was all over we were all wiped out. It is so nice to see others sharing in your pain and working toward the same goal - finishing !!!!

So now I am going to eat some turkey meatballs with marinara sauce and some cheese and lettuce on pita bread. Then I am going to hit the sack. I love going to bed after a nice hard workout. It feels sooo good.

3 comments:

  1. You sent an email to Tanner didn't you? He is bugging me every day to do my exercises.

    You two are conspiring against me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I did not but if you send me his email you bet I will. So have you done them? Have the boys done them with you?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am. He is doing them with me. He pushed me yesterday to do 10 push ups. Woo hoo! We even did sit ups and got on the elliptical machine (not at the same time!)

    ReplyDelete