Tuesday, January 13, 2009

5 - 7 - 9

I tell you what, 5 - 7 - 9 does not seem like a lot but tonight it was. Partly because my legs are shot from last nights workout.

Tonight's workout:

As Many Rounds As Possible (AMRAP) in 20 minutes.

5 - 155lb Back Squats
7 - Pullups
9 - Burpees

All I could manage was 7 rounds + 5 squats.

Tonight was tough, but fun for sure. That's about all I have to say. We were in and out in a flash tonight. Of course we did the warm up of 2 rounds of 10 reps each - pushups, situps, squats, back extensions and pullups and a 500m row.

It was a small group of only 5 tonight. But as always everyone was working as hard as they could and cheering each other on, even in the middle of their own personal hell.

Of course my nemesis Mason did almost 9 rounds. So I have to keep working to beat him. Especially in the pullup area.
So now I get to sit down with my turkey meatball spinach salad and veg out.
I am a bit distracted because I just got the message that my grandmother is not doing so well again. Mom says it seems like she has given up. I hope that's not the case. I will be working extra hard tomorrow night at CrossFit Swift with her on my mind.

I hope anyone reading this will take a minute to be thankful for what they have. You just never know . . . . .

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting an update about your Grandmother. I will be praying for her today. Do me a favor? Pray while working out... it is two workouts in one.

    ReplyDelete