Monday, February 2, 2009

Kelly - The Beast

Tonight was my first day back from not CrossFitting for a week. I took a few days off since I was a little under the weather and I had to play a volleyball tournament on Saturday. I am still not at 100% but I could not sit at home one more day.

When I arrived at CrossFit Swift they had put up a workout called ''Kelly''. It was 5 rounds for time of 400m run or row - 30 wall balls - 30 box jumps. . . . . . . Really ???? 5 rounds ???? Wow was my chest beginning to tighten up just thinking about trying to breathe, as I was still congested.

Well ok here goes. And boy did it just keep going and going and going. The funny part was that it truly only seemed like it lasted about 20 minutes. Alas, that was not the case. As usual I had to push myself to do a little more than was required.

The box jumps were supposed to be 24''. However I bumped it up to 32''.

My time was 45.29 with a 400m row - 20lb wall ball and 32'' box jumps.
I was pretty steady with my pace trying to not take more than 30 sec - 1 min break when I needed to stop. It was brutal but I did it and would gladly do it again.

I am now wiped out and can barely type this, but nothing feels as good as completing something hard and being proud about it.

I am also happy to say that a friend of mine called tonight to tell me that he was on day 7 of the 50 day push-up challenge. Way to go Donald. I hope the whole family is doing it with you.

Ok time to crash since that is about all the energy I have left right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of my hubby! AND... I am so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete