Friday, February 6, 2009

Day Off

With my schedule Thursday is the one day I don't CrossFit or play volleyball. Usually I just enjoy sitting around the house and doing NOTHING!

However today was a little different. One of my friends TJ, decided that he would give this CrossFit thing (as he calls it) a shot. Since he was heading over to CrossFit Swift I decided to go and be there to support him. The other cool thing was that my girlfriend Mai had decided to go too. She usually only gets to go on Saturdays with me.

I just love working out with her. Better yet I love watching her workout. = )

I was still going to take my day off from working out, but I was going to be there to support my friends and girlfriend as they worked hard.

Tonight's workout was one called ''Cindy''. It is only a 20 minute workout. In those 20 minutes you have to do as many rounds as possible of - 5 pullups - 10 pushups - 15 air squats (= 1 round). This workout is so much fun, tough, but fun. The last time I attempted this a few months ago I could only get 9 rounds. The elite CrossFitters can complete rounds in the upper 20s. My goal is to get to 15.

Since this was TJs first night at CrossFit he was only going to do a 1/2 Cindy. Which means he would only be going for 10 minutes instead of 20. One thing you should know about TJ is that he is about 6'8''. So he has a long way to pullup and to squat. Away he went. Before he knew it, time was up. 10 minutes had gone by and he completed 4 rounds. Now that may not seem like a lot but that means he did - 20 pullups - 40 pushups - 60 squats - in 10 minutes. GREAT JOB!!
He had so much fun that he said he would definitely be back next week.

As TJ was finishing up his 1/2 Cindy, Mai was still going strong. After all was said and done she completed 8 full unassisted rounds. That means in 20 minutes she completed - 40 pullups - 80 pushups - 120 squats. Now that's cool!! No wonder that girl turns my head all the time.

Friday night will be another volleyball night and then I can get back to CrossFitting on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment